Sunday, October 12, 2008

We love Fall!







We had such an awesome Saturday! It was a beautiful day today and we were outside all day, it was so great. I had planned all week that today we would carve pumpkins and that the kids would have so much fun doing it. I bought a Disney pumpkin carving book that came with patterns, and the carving tools to make Mickey Mouse, Minnie and Pooh pumpkins. It didn't go quite as I had hoped! OK, first I just need to say what a precious husband I have!!! Most husbands would go running from such a project but not David, he jumped right in and helped. It was such tedious work. You had to transfer the patterns and press little holes in it and then carve the pattern with the saw that kept breaking. It took almost three hours for us to carve these silly things and that was with David having a degree in art and being a very crafty guy. The kids hated the actual pumpkins, I thought they would enjoy getting dirty and helping clean it out, oh no. Maddie was so freaked out by the seeds and goop. Mason just stared at us, like I'm not touching that stuff and kept shaking his head no! It was hilarious. While we slaved away on the pumpkins, they had the best time just exploring our back yard. It was so fun to see them have such a great time. Our front porch looks so festive and the kids love the finished product, they just wanted no part of helping with it. So, next year, I will remind myself that they are still too young to enjoy carving pumpkins. Fall is one of my favorite times of year, I just love all the colors and decorations. We had such a fun day creating another fun family memory!!!

2 comments:

Trina said...

Hi!!!!!!!!!!! You are getting so good at blogging! Thanks!!! I love all the pictures of my sweet niece and nephew! Now we need Six Flags pictures. :)) ha, ha! I love the pumpkin story! Sounds like an adventure! Yes, please remind me in a few years when I want to carve them with my boys that they probably won't be ready. :)) Both M and M look so cute on the porch!

Chuck & Gina Linn said...

Your pumpkins turned out awesome!! Great job!!
--gina